About Me

I'm a writer, translator and aspiring director. Occasionally, I actually do some work instead of using this blog as a displacement exercise.

Saturday 8 January 2011

Heard You Were Dead

The greatest film director of all time is Stanley Kubrick. I shall brook no argument on the matter. But the greatest living director is John Carpenter.

It's been 10 long years since his last film, Ghosts of Mars - the interregnum is perfect subject matter for a future post, along with a dissection of Image of the Fendahl, so remind me next week - but now he's back in the much-anticipated The Ward. Imagine my surprise when I was flicking through the new Empire in Tesco a couple of days ago when not only was there a broadly-positive review of the film, but mention of its release date - IN TWO WEEKS. I let out a little yelp.

Here's the trailer. Isn't it marvellous to see a master at work?

1 comment: