About Me

I'm a writer, translator and aspiring director. Occasionally, I actually do some work instead of using this blog as a displacement exercise.

Sunday 2 January 2011

Diary

Bit of a quiet day today. Got up at a reasonable time, tried to clean the house. Managed to disturb the vague lessons being taken by French Housemate. Apparently she's lived in the UK for 13 years, but her accent is still Clouseau-esque. I think she's taking Chinese lessons. She is currently unemployed. These facts may be connected.

Nipped out for lunch at Foyle's with a friend whom I hadn't seen in a few months. I'd forgotten quite how pleasant it is to have all my fairly ropey second-hand jokes laughed at by an attractive young woman. After that I mooched around Oxford Street for a few hours, trying to find things to take my mind off the looming spectre of my return to work on Tuesday.

A quick stop at Sainsbury's for some pasta, a coffee at Starbucks, then home. Later on, the usual Sunday night call from Mum and trying to finish a couple of Doctor Who DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment