About Me

I'm a writer, translator and aspiring director. Occasionally, I actually do some work instead of using this blog as a displacement exercise.

Sunday 9 January 2011

Diary

The sum total of my life over the last few days is not entirely thrilling. The jollity of work continues, though I've finally got on top of things, while my evenings remain busy. Thursday was the monthly anarchic Doctor Who fan meet in Central London, where I was pleased to meet with a few friends for a nice chat and a couple of drinks, as well as welcome a new fellow turning up for the first time.

He gravitated towards us by my name-dropping of elder statesman script writer Terrance Dicks, and stuck with us for the rest of the evening, amused by our slagging people off behind their backs. It's fun to be a fan.

A bit of rereading on Friday, after I decided to go back to the "How to Write a Script" book I won at a pitching event a couple of years ago for help in sprucing up my work. Three-quarters of an hour and judicious use of a highlighter later, I felt satisfied that I'd done something.

The weekend has been very lazy, with a lot of sleeping in and staying up late. I was invited to the 30th of an old school friend on Saturday night, so I got plenty of exercise thanks to the 85-minute round trip by bike. Attempting to run over urban pedestrians on two wheels put me in mind of GTA: Canterbury. The party was good fun, and afforded the opportunity to catch up with some welcome old faces, as well as resist one well-lubricated lady trying to make me dance. I don't dance.

Plans for today including squeezing in an hour's reading before getting out of bed, cycling into town, running at the gym and taking some lunch in to see The King's Speech. I did none of these. Instead I got up late, took the tube, had lunch in Eat and mooched around HMV, since the film isn't showing in Central London. How dare they.

No comments:

Post a Comment