About Me

I'm a writer, translator and aspiring director. Occasionally, I actually do some work instead of using this blog as a displacement exercise.

Friday 25 February 2011

Diary

Work, gym, writing, sleep. Life’s just been one long carnival ride for the last week, with all my social fixtures crammed into the next few weeks. The only spot of interest has been tearing through three seasons of Mad Men in as many weeks. I’ve been on the verge of putting Brylcreem in my hair before going to the office and then sipping whisky at my desk.  I wonder if anyone would notice.
I’m also being tougher on myself regarding my weight loss. It’s 75kg by 18 March – when I break up for my birthday week – or I don’t get a new phone. Tough but fair, unlike my meals. Heavy water isn’t just for nuclear reactors; it’s a serving suggestion.
It’s also led me to use the sauna at my gym for the first time. How long are you supposed to stay in there anyway? And why is it so dark? Are they actively trying to create a sleazy atmosphere? According to a friend, it appears to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment